Sunday, May 19, 2013

Free Day

Before taking this class I had absolutely no clue how to keep a fish alive. As a child my father always had a huge fish tank and would constantly be messing with it and doing all the ins and outs of being a good fish owner. He made it appear so simple and easy, however now having had my own it is definitely not that simple! I learned how important it is to constantly be checking your water. That was continually our biggest issue. If it wasn't nitrite it was the ammonia and vise versa. I also learned how important it is to dechlorinate your water or the nitrite levels rise A LOT..
Also not only the rocks but the left over food can cause issues with the water. We have scrubbed our rocks twice now and that definitely seems to help the water. I was surprised to learn that fish will constantly eat what they are given and can die from overeating. I am definitely a better fish owner now and if I ever do decide to buy any fish after this class I'll know exactly what to do. Thanks for the lessons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment